Monday, March 4, 2013

Poem as my parent to myself about me leaving for college: Now What Do I Do?


Now What Do I Do?

ARE YOU UP YET?
IT'S TEN OF SEVEN!

You roll out of bed and grab your lunch,
Toast, juice box, and water,
That I make for you every day.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
TEXT ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!

Now you're at school,
And I patiently wait 
until the end of your busy day.

It's 4-o'clock, you're running a bit late...

WHAT'S YOUR PLAN?
THOUGHT YOU'D BE HOME BY NOW.

You assure me you got caught up
Helping some kid or working out
After workouts ended.

I hear your car, now the door.

HOW WAS SCHOOL AND SOFTBALL?

Nothing new, just another normal day,
But I already knew that.

Now you're doing homework;
You always have too much of that stuff.

DINNER'S READY WHEN YOU WANT IT!

You come racing down;
You're always so hungry.

Next thing I know it's 12-o'clock,
And you're still doing homework.

You tell me you're almost done,
But we both know you're just saying that
So I'll go to bed.

It doesn't work.

It's 1-o'clock, now you're done.

BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND GO TO BED.
SEE YOU IN THE MORNING.


But this morning, you weren't here.
You're off going through your busy days without me.

Now what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment